Additional Resources

Hello, I am experiencing an error that seems common among other participants - I am getting no output or feedback. I suspect that this is due to a lack of resources. Can I get more RAM allocated to my VM (8 GB should be enough)? Also, can more core’s be added (not completely necessary but helps processing time)? If so and a reboot is required, my machine can be rebooted anytime. Thanks for your help and look forward to hearing from you.

A bit more info: I’ve also attempted to run a basic script that simply echo’s something, lists the cwd, and cat’s a file, but it also has no output. Stating that an error may have occurred during initialization so the script was never run. It also takes >15 minutes to run this simple script.

Hi Jacob,

we increased the resources for your VM.

About the issue you described, I’m able to successfully execute a run with your test software, it should work for you as well now.

We’ll investigate the error during your previous runs.

Best,
NIkolay

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for your help! I see the additional resources and am trying to get the final evaluation working now.

Jake

Hello, I have attempted to run my software on the test set, but am confused as to the status of the run. The run completes in ~ 10 minutes, but all output is hidden (thus I am not sure if the run was actually successful - it seems that it was likely not successful as I would expect it to take a bit longer than 10 minutes). I then attempted to use the evaluator on this run, but again all output is hidden. Is there a way to confirm that the runs were successful, or get some information about the errors if not?

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you,
Jake

Hi,
I guess your are working on authorship verification. In this case, the output on the test set is always hidden and will be colored green (if the run was successful) after reviewing.
You should get messages like “Note: The output can only be viewed by task moderators.”
Best,
Benedikt

Yes, I am working on the authorship verification task. Do you have a sense of how long it takes for the run to be colored?

Thanks,
Jake

No, this is done manually by the task organizers, You could also write them an Email (pan@webis.de) to ask them for reviewing.
Best,
Benedikt

1 Like