Issues getting software up and running

Hi,

I am farily new with Ubuntu and have trouble getting my software onto the VM. I am connecting from a Windows computer using Rempte Desktop.

1. I seem to have problem accessing the web through the Firefox browser on the VM. How are we supposed to transfer software to the VM? I also am unable to copy files directly from my own computer even with the correct RDP settings, making this difficult.

2. I assume we have to install conda and packages nessesary for ourselves. Have i understood this correctly or am I missing something?

Best wishes.

Follow up:

I realized with some help that i could install software via ssh, however I am also having issues connecting using ssh from a Windows 10 computer.

Attempts with Putty, openssh and sshpass via WSL, all results in connection timeout errors. Anyone else had the same issue? I have used the exact same SSH Example as in the guidelines without luck. All variations end in connection timeout.

Dear EivindS,

I just had a look, and I can connect via SSH into your virtual machine.
But the network connection from your virtual machine to the internet seems indeed to be broken.
We have a look into this, and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Maik

1 Like

Dear EivindS,

the network connection problem of your virtual machine should now be solved.
Can you please double-check again?

We had a wrong Iptables rule on the host system (nothing that you could solve from within your virtual machine). Sorry for the inconvenience.

PS: You are right that you must install conda and the packages inside the virtual machine. But it should work now :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Maik

I was immediately able to connect with SSH now so I assume all the problems should fixed. No wonder this seemed so difficult! Thank you for the help! :slightly_smiling_face:

Best wishes,
Eivind

1 Like

Hi again,

Seems like after running my first software (and finding out i missed a package) that the network issue has appeared again and I am unable to install the missing conda packages.

Also sendt you a PM.

Best wishes,
Eivind